*"Man". A word used very loosely in the title of this post.
There's a dude I've seen on YouTube named Dr. Zakir Naik. This clown is considered to be among the top muslim apologists and lecturers on islam going today....at least I've seen videos of him where he's introduced as such. He's arabic, speaks really fast, is condescending and arrogant, especially when responding to questions from students...especially female...and like so many muslims, always says "Peace be upon him" if he mentions the names of Jesus or Mohammad. He likes to pose what he thinks is the ultimate "gotcha" question for his promotion and defense of islam, which goes something like this:
"Show me in the Gospels where it show unequivocally Jesus saying, 'I am God. Worship me,' and if you can I'll become a Christian right now!"
Of whom are you reminded after reading this? What this guy is saying is that Scripture MUST contain a verse in any of the Gospels where Jesus is saying exactly what Naik says it must in order for it to be true that Jesus is or has proclaimed Himself to be God. Again, does this remind you of anyone you know?
Of course! Dan Trabue, for whom nothing is true unless it is stated exactly the way Dan insists it must be. We see this when the subject of Penal Substitutionary Atonement (PSA) is on the table. Recently, he's again disputing the concept of the sin nature of each member of the human population. As is common with Dan, Naik supposes that despite the several New Testament passages in which Jesus confirms His Deity, because He didn't say specifically, "I am God", Jesus therefore can't be regarded as God. This is how both he and Dan operate. Because Scripture doesn't mention PSA specifically, the concept is a false invention. Doesn't matter how strongly Scripture teaches that very concept...how much the Epistle writers affirm the reality of our salvation and redemption being dependent upon Jesus's self-sacrifice on the cross. It MUST say, "PSA" in order for Dan to accept that teaching, just as Naik must read "I am God, you must worship me" in order to affirm Christ is God.
I haven't seen him take on Naik directly, but another YouTube "must watch" channel is that of a guy named Avery (last name still unknown to me), who can be found by tying in the KeyWords "Godlogic" or "GodLogic" or "God Logic" (not sure which is best). This young man is an awesome witness and apologist for the faith and takes on muslms (mostly) but also Mormons and JWs. He's referred to Naik by imitating him saying "If you can show me where in the Gospels Jesus (Peace be upon him) unequivocally says..." in an arabic accent. He's really entertaining in how he does his thing. But he's exposed similar Dan-like tactics in other muslims ("Dawah" people...those bringing others to a better understanding of the convoluted islam). These include ignoring what was said as if it never had been, even though it was said mere minutes ago, equivocation and deflection, deletion (in the case of Avery and those he confronts, this happens by constantly talking over Avery and again, pretending a point wasn't already affirmed and confirmed). They also like to pretend that Christians in general have corrupted Scripture...as Dan refers to one who cites exactly a verse or passage to have presented misinterpretation, or "your human tradition" or "your human opinion".
Dan's most recent post has in its comments section more comments of Dan quoting me out of context than there are comments of mine he didn't delete. All the tactics mentioned here are blatantly evident there. There's even a response to Craig for a comment I don't see anywhere in the thread, nor in any of Craig's recent posts at his own blog.
Anyway, it's the same old shit with that guy.
NOTE: At the time of this writing, I've been experiencing a problem getting my comments published at any "Blogger" blog, including my own. Accepting that my old system is imposing issues upon me others aren't force to endure, I am wondering if others are having the same issue.
NOTE: So after posting this, I went over to YouTube to catch up on my Chicago baseball teams (they both won) and then I clicked on a GodLogic video, which I present below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ieh2NDbgn1E
If someone is unable to see the Trabue in this muslim Avery debates, let me know.
Friday, September 04, 2026
Muslim Dan--Progressive Man*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment