Wednesday, March 29, 2023

R.I.G.P., Eric. Rest In God's Peace.

 It is with great sadness that I report to you the passing of fellow blogger Eric Ashley on March 24, 2023 after having suffered a serious stroke on March 12.  

He hosted two blogs, Pearls & Lodestones as well as American Descent.  Due in part to failing eyesight, he hadn't posted much on either in some time.  The first was his original blog, where he opined on any number of topics.  He was one to take deep dives into subjects he felt compelled to discuss, and his insights on matters Christian and political were particularly fascinating.  As to the latter, American Descent was begun during the Obama years and was co-hosted by yours truly and one or two others he invited for the purpose.  We all had the ability to publish posts there, though most were his.  After that sad eight years ended, it waned.  I encouraged continuing despite better things happening as a result of Trump's election, as we both agreed the "Descent" was yet ongoing.  Now, of course it's far worse than the Obama years, so maybe I'll see if I can still post there and try to carry on in his memory.  We'll see.

His wife privileged me, through the use of his Facebook account (Eric and I were in contact there), with the news of his stroke and updates on his condition afterwards, until God called him home.  Let us pray God gives her comfort, and to his two sisters as well. 

He'll be missed.

3 comments:

Craig said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I enjoyed and missed his blogging.

Erudite Redneck said...

Sad to hear. Peace to all grieving hearts!

Marshal Art said...

Glad to see you still check in now and then, ER. Join in the fun anytime.