Friday, March 17, 2023

Prayer Request For One Of Our Own

 Eric Ashley is a fellow Christian/conservative blogger who has been rather dormant of late due to a variety of reasons beyond his failing eyesight.  I think like many, he lost the fire some of us have to continue posting...which is fine.  His blogs are Pearls & Lodestones and American Descent.  The second is one to which I was a contributing poster and focused on the decay of our nation during the Obama years, though such a blog is far more important now thanks to Trump-haters.  Eric's posts were always well written, thoughtful, insightful and informative.  He is among those I lamented not seeing routinely on the blogs, so good is he at doing what we do.

Now, and I am remiss for not posting sooner, Eric has fallen prey to a stroke which put him in the hospital.  Perhaps his wife contacted you with this sad news through some form of social media, as she did with me and another former blogger with whom I engage on Facebook (and whose name I'll not divulge at this time out of courtesy).  

To get to it, he suffered this stroke earlier this week and was hospitalized, where surgery was performed to remove a blood clot from his brain, followed by blood thinners to dissolve what surgery couldn't get.  He's been able to communicate, though at the last update I got, it's through eye movement and gripping his wife's hand.  Prior to the surgery, he was able to recognize family members, he knew where he was and why, and that remained so after.  His physical manifestation has been a "pull" to the right...his head, for example...and facial distortions on the right side as well.  

At last communication with his wife there was no prognosis at that time on his recovery beyond having survived the surgery, and should I be granted this information as time passes, I will be updating this post or leaving it in the comments section.  So stayed tuned.  

So it goes without saying prayers for his speedy and full recovery are appreciated by Eric and his family, both for his and their sake.  May it be God's Will.


ADDITIONALLY:  I would be remiss if I didn't also request continued prayers for Neil Simpson...another very fine blogger...who is also dealing with serious health issues.  He speaks of it at his blog, Eternity Matters, which is on my blog roll. 

4 comments:

Dan Trabue said...

Prayers for all those who struggle.

Anonymous said...

Dan Trabue...

Michael Smith said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marshal Art said...

Mr. Smith. Given the nature of this post, I can't allow your comment which is exclusively to insult. My rule is that only I can be insulted by visitors, and only I can insult visitors. I welcome your comments with that in mind.