Sunday, April 10, 2022

Enemy Action VII: The Enemy Being Really Dangerous

 Though I don't have the time I wish I did right now, and in past periods where my time was also limited, I still maintained a desire to post something here.  I'm amazed at those like Stan and Wintery Knight who seem to post so regularly, as to Neil and Glenn, and do so in extremely competent and informative ways.  (Too much time on their hands?)  I wish I was as capable of doing as fine a job as they do with the same frequency.  In the meantime, I have files of stuff which I can reference for topics on which I might someday do a post.  Other times, more recent stuff makes it a somewhat useless practice, as there's always something going on.  

With that in mind, one of my files has to do with the media and particularly how true it is they're the enemies of the people President Trump said they are.  Another is simply stuff about Biden, including how he's far more the dangerous liar Trump is said to be for reasons of deranged and irrational hatred.  Last Thursday night, Tucker Carlson opened his show with a monologue about both.  It began with Biden lies but was mostly about the leftist media.  He touched on other truths, regarding both parties getting nuts about this Russia/Ukraine thing, but it was mostly a expose on morons in the Washington press corps.  Here's a vid, with about the first twenty minutes being the monologue:

https://nation.foxnews.com/watch/d92850ac0e6f7ba48d5ed39a24a445ea/


I ALMOST FORGOT!!!:

As we know from countless comments to that effect, Dan is incensed over Donald Trump's "attacks" on the press.  It is among the various lame arguments he offers to justify his abject and grace-embracing hatred of our former president.  The reality, of course and as any honest person can easily explain, is Trump's problems with the press are justified and justifiably aimed at that leftist portion of the press which serves as the mouthpiece for the Democratic Party.  They've been all too willing to "report" every slight against the man, while eagerly refusing to actually investigate those slights for their veracity or lack thereof.  The damage to Trump's re-election chances by the withholding and stifling of information regarding the Hunter Biden laptop situation is well known...and naturally ignored, dismissed and rejected by the left, and Danny T. in particular.

But if Dan is really concerned about how a president mistreats the press, one need look no further than Dan's cherished Barack Obama.  While most presidents had issues with the press to one degree or another, Obama is considered the worst of the worst by a wide margin, including by a number of leftist press figures as well. What follows are links to articles describing just that:

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/editorials/sd-obama-trump-media-leakers-20180910-story.html

 https://www.cbc.ca/radio/sunday/the-sunday-edition-for-may-5-2019-1.5121509/barack-obama-was-a-greater-enemy-of-the-free-press-than-trump-michael-s-essay-1.5121514

 https://www.cjr.org/criticism/barack_obamas_press_freedom_legacy.php

 https://www.cato.org/commentary/barack-obamas-war-free-press

It isn't "corruption" to point out the failures of the press when they're clearly not doing their job as the job is meant to be done.  And if those failures tend to flow in one direction consistently, it is one's duty to warn others of those failures and those who've perpetrated them.  Trump's description of the press as enemies of the people is considered hyperbolic, but it is not untrue.  Anyone who is abusing their 1st Amendment protections as the leftist media does is indeed an enemy of the people, given what the people rightly expect from the press.  

But when it comes to one who was truly abusive of the press, Trump doesn't come close to holding a candle to Barack Obama, whose actions against the press border on criminal.  Any further whining by Dan about Trump's treatment of the press is thus another example of how Dan, like leftists in general, find truth inconvenient.

3 comments:

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

I am retired. I spend my first few hours of the morning reviewing news and commentary sites, as well as my favorite Christian blogs. Then I also subscribe to sites.

These always give me things to write about but often there are too many and that's why I began my "Good, Bad, and Ugly" posts, which morphed over the years to "Agglomeration. If I find something I really need to write about I'll take extra time. But for the most part I'm not doing much of my own writing any more, rather I'm sharing citations, etc from elsewhere. At 70, I've been doing apologetics ministries for 47 years and I'm getting burned out, which is why I've been offering the majority of the books in my library to other people.

So I'm spending a lot more time with my pipes (aside from band gigs, last year I played for 14 funerals, 4 weddings, and several other events) and with studying history -- a subject which has been my favorite since junior high school.

Marshal Art said...

So you do have time on your hands!! 😁👌

Marshal Art said...

This is yet another example of media malfeasance:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/robert-malone-says-he-will-sue-new-york-times-unless-it-corrects-defamatory-article_4393748.html

At the same time, while the source, The Epoch Times, is one Dan criticizes because his media bias sites tell him to do so. But this particular article seems extremely even-handed to me. While reporting on Malone's reasons for suing the New York Times, it also presents criticisms of some regarding Malone. However, it also provides the best explanation of Malone's role in the development of the tech which led to the fake Covid "vaccines". This source Dan criticizes shows a far better example of a concise but fact-filled report of a story without any real slant one way or the other than one is apt to get out of a New York Times, WaPo, CNN, MSNBC, NPR or any of those Dan laughingly believes are trustworthy and beyond criticism.