Sunday, January 21, 2024

BIG NEWS!!

 https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/01/ron_desantis_calls_it_quits.html

According to the link above, DeSantis has bowed out!  Sad news in my opinion.  I would much prefer it be Haley (and Asa Huthinson...I didn't even know the dude was still trying!).  

Well...this makes my decision easier when I get to cast my primary choice.  I won't have to vacillate and then second guess until the first year of Trump's/DeSantis' first year is over (I waited for Trump's first year of 2017 for the other shoe to drop, but was relieved to find I made the right choice).  

I've seen it said that DeSantis in the race makes things harder for Trump in terms of beating Haley.  Kind of a stretch, but I get it.  I doubt too many DeSantis supporters will now get on the Haley Train.  Intelligent observers would not suggest that he's not more like Trump than Haley in being non-establishment as well as on actual policy similarities.  

I would hate to think that any of his supporters would refuse to support Trump in the general.  Such people aren't intelligent given what happened the last time Trump was denied.  More importantly, They would be acting contrary to DeSantis' own wishes at this time, that his supporters should rally around Trump.  Here's the link to his concession speech (also linked in the article above), and it's a good one:

https://twitter.com/RonDeSantis/status/1749159384112845285

Now, however, the strife Trump now endures becomes, in my mind, more important than ever.  No one should believe that his luck is without end and that the force allied against him aren't so convicted in their evil desires that they won't up the ante yet again.  All of his legal troubles are no more than fallacious political attacks...not legitimate charges against which anyone else would suffer from these scumbags.  They are enabled by various members of the judiciary, justice system and the great enemy of the people, the mainstream leftist media.  

So our job now becomes to increase our own efforts (assuming we've all been making any effort at all) to keep in regular contact with our senators and reps to support Trump as well and push the America 1st sentiment always.  If you happen to be in a state as I was, where both senators and my rep, were Dems, push them too (as I did) to further truth, justice and righteousness rather than their modern progressive bullshit which has been eroding our way of life for the last fifty years or more.  

Trump...NOT Haley...MUST win in November 2024!

5 comments:

Bubba said...

I can speak only for myself, but I do suspect that I'm not the only one with this view -- Ace at the Ace of Spades HQ seemed to have the same opinion.

Me, I prefer(red) DeSantis because I thought he's a better choice in advancing Trumpism (not the best term) -- a more savvy and potentially more reliable politician both on the campaign trail AND in office, possibly more attractive in the general election AND more effective afterwards. I hope (and strongly suspect) that we haven't seen the last of him on the national stage.

Mark Steyn is probably right that support for Trump may have a lot to do with how he's being treated -- taken off ballots for a crime for which he has not been indicted, much less convicted by a jury of his peers -- and by extension, how we the people are being treated. We MUST assert our right to govern beyond the bounds of what the powerful consider acceptable.

On the other subject, I doubt that many will flock from DeSantis to Haley: she was already the choice of most of the Never Trump crowd (for exactly the reason I supported DeSantis: his Trumpist policy positions), and a LOT of us already share Rand Paul's view of Haley or will be quite ready to hear his arguments against her.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2024/01/12/rand-paul-ive-been-quiet-on-the-2024-race-but-i-gotta-say-something-tomorrow-n2633527

Marshal Art said...

Bubba,

I found the two to be similar enough generally to find either acceptable and both far better choices for president than any of the others vying for the nomination. Their accomplishments in executive positions were evidence supporting my view. Regarding DeSantis, he was one of I believe five current or former governors in the GOP primary, and I don't think any of the others had the degree of success as has DeSantis, with regard to things I believe are most beneficial.

I think how Trump is being treated does play a role, though mostly with newfound support from minorities more than anyone else. How Trump had already been treated is a factor for those who had always supported him and still do. For me, I'm solely going on the fact that in the aggregate, he was really, really good in the gig, particularly as compared to most before him going back to Reagan. He's certainly ahead of the current buffoon who didn't actually win the election.

But I would agree that past and current treatment of Trump is opening eyes to the danger of allowing the Democrat party to hold power. As is common of the left's projection, they're engaging in the very despotism and corruption of which they accused Trump specifically, and Republicans generally, and doing so to a degree unprecedented in American history.

I also think it's simple poetic justice to have Trump win the White House again, in the same way I preferred that the World Trade Center be rebuilt as it was prior to assholes bringing it down. What better way to show we haven't been beaten than to restore what was and should be.

Mr. Atheist said...

Christian apologists are liars who need to be debunked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1mEUoJ4m3Y

P.S. Trump will not be winning this November so I guess we are all screwed.

Mr. Atheist said...

"But I would agree that past and current treatment of Trump is opening eyes to the danger of allowing the Democrat party to hold power."

LOL! There is no mass awakening going on in America dude. Did you forget about the midterms? Probly. I'll remind you of more recent GOP defeats like the Wisconsin Supreme Court election and reclaiming control of the Virginia State House. Truth be told, everyone is going about their lives as usual because they just do not care. They don't want a clue, and also do not want one. I don't really like any policital parties.

Marshal Art said...

Where did I say "mass awakening"? How does "opening eyes" suggest a specific amount in any way shape or form. It could mean two people. It could mean two million. Just like the atheist in your off topic offering above proves within the first five minutes or so of his video, you either lack the capacity of comprehension, or you insist on injecting meaning the words used don't convey or imply in order to push a narrative.

The midterms were in 2022. We're dealing with the upcoming election later this year. The span of time is enough for much to change in both circumstances and how people react and respond to them. What Trump's been going through lately is clearly influencing people to reconsider their position on both him and what it means to them to see this going on in our country. Eyes are being opened to the danger of allowing the Democrat party to hold power.

It doesn't reflect anything of substance to dislike political parties. But to pretend the underlying philosophies of the current version of the major parties are not distinctly different, with one being of far greater potential for harm than the other is absurd and indicative of one who isn't paying attention. You clearly don't want a clue.

And if Trump doesn't win in November, then we are indeed all screwed. Refuse to vote, or refuse to vote for Trump should he be the GOP nominee, then you are fully complicit in the increased harm which will befall the nation as a result. People with a clue know this is what we face.